Friday, January 28, 2011

Fishing Lure Shadow Box

I spent most of my childhood and young adult life fishing the eastern seaboard.The love for fishing and the sea  is reflected in my home.. I love fish, nautical charts, fishing reels etc.When my dad passed we were inundated with all of his tackle, rods and reels. One day I was going through one of his several huge tackle boxes when I found some beautiful lures. They are beautiful in color, whimsical, and above all sentimental to me.I had to display them!I understand this may not be every ones cup of tea, but I love them! I was amazed to find on EBay that some of these lures can go for over 100.00.! If you like this project it is easy to create. It would also be great look for fly fishing lures. I got a shadow box from Michael's hung the lures by their hooks and that is it.





I love his face and the pink and green . ( he is very preppy)
This one reminds me of a nautical flag.

This is a side winder, I love the detail.



Here it is finished. It hangs in our 1/2 bath. I may try to hang them horizontally as well and see how it looks.


This is an easy look to achieve if you have lures already, or you can check out EBay, or go to a fishing supply store.This would look great in any beach house, I think anyway . What do you think?
 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband would love this. Mind you, he'd possibly want to poach the lures for fising.

Cheers,
Lisa x

A Vintage Vine said...

Great idea! Those lures have such great colors.

Leo said...

THis gives me a nice idea for my husband. He is an avid and I mean avid fisherman. He loves it. I should make this as a gift for him.

fishing lures said...

Use fishing lures with life-like details. Fishes, especially the bigger ones have keen senses and will not easily fall into your bait.