Monday, January 31, 2011

Nautical Nests

Blue and white are almost always associated with  the classic nautical look. This look makes it feel like summer all year  long..Who doesn't love summer?If you are thinking about this look for your home,grab some sailing or boating magazines and look at the items  on the boat that are of interest to you, and try to implement that look into your room..Teak,is a beautiful wood, that can be used for a piece of furniture. (I can't tell you how many hours I have put into cleaning and oiling teak in my life!) cleats, can be used as door pulls or door handles, nautical flags are bright and colorful..these are just a few ideas .I think you get the idea.These nests are the example of the quintessential nautical look.


Don't be afraid to use antiques with new pieces . Love the striped  drapes, and the pops of red.

Asian style ginger jars and the zebra rug add the unexpected, and still completes the look.


Add different textures like rattan.I love the vintage suitcases.

Just one boat....please.


I love the  nautical charts as a wallcovering..

This reminds me of the Montauk Yacht club...Great lanterns.


This light and airy room has such a relaxed look.I am going to get my oars up one of these days.

Add themed pillows
This room is my favorite.These prints are beautiful.
(image sources,courtesy, Coastal Living,Ruthie Sommers Designs, Bhg,The lennox)


9 comments:

A Vintage Vine said...

Those are some great pics....I put some in my file! Thanks for sharing!

Calypso In The Country said...

I love the way these rooms are nautical without going "overboard"! I think the last one is my favorite also. They are all great inspiration for my bedroom!
Shelley

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Love it. I love Whicker!

sealaura said...

The key for me is windows, because I must have sunlight and I love the airy spaces. The light blue color on the walls is so pretty and soothing. Plus love the pop that the red lobster pillow has.

Shorely Chic said...

what a gorgeous post!! I love all of these photos, goes right along with my blog post today!

Amanda Lee said...

Such beautiful images! Some of these will definitely go into my style files :)
~Amanda

Simple Daisy said...

I don't know which one i'd choose!! I love them all!!!!

Drawn to The Sea said...

I use marine cleats for my blinds & paper shades... the pale rooms are my favs, so much light bouncing around.

Anonymous said...

I just love this post - it's got some beautiful seaside inspiration for sure! I linked it to my nautical post too, great ideas!