Friday, May 6, 2011

White Washed

When I saw this home I just had to show it to you. Designer Paige Sumblin Scnell,  has created a white washed color pallteet using wood and stone.Tempering an all-white palette with natural wood and stone. This paltial and serene retreat sits  along the shores of Lake Martin in Alambama. The reclaimed wood for the beams and the floors come from barns in Georgia and Vermont. This house has it all , with all the beautiful crisp  White. Here it is all about the view.





Just a touch  of French influence




The floor coloring is light, but not too light to add just enough contrast.









  This room looks grand as well as  relaxing . The beams are just so cool.
The combination of the French inspired end table and the modern table lamp compliment the room.
With ceilings this high, a simple headboard would get lost. The chandelier and high headboard make this room complete.The modern and vintage work perfect.

The black really adds drama to the kitchen. Love the stools.

The lighting is so unusual, very pretty.




Why not save water! shower with a friend! :)

Stunning
Source
Photobucket

9 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Linda, beautiful photos !!! I wanted to let you know I recieved my beautiful Patty Anderson Starfish necklace. I just love it!!!!! thankyou for the giveaway. As soon as I have a good photo I will put it on my blog. Thanks again, have a great weekend!!!!!!

Leo said...

Oh my. This house is totally my style...missing a little bit of color..but it is still perfect as it. I'm going to save this for my new house file. LOVE IT!!! Thank you for sharing.

gracious spaces said...

Who says white is boring? Not with all those great wood beams and natural light pouring into the space. Clean lines & simply beautiful. Love the inspiration, Linda!

jenna ♥ a little blue said...

i love this. sooo fresh & clean feeling. all the white just makes it so dreamy!! thanks for sharing & happy friday :)

Shellbelle said...

This is gorgeous, not my style, but I appreciate the look nonetheless.

As for all the windows and the view? Oh yeah, I LOVE that!

sealaura said...

I would love those big shower heads so pretty! I am also on the lookout to buying an island for our kitchen, like the one in this pic. Have a great weekend!

Gypsea Nurse said...

Oh Linda~
Just shoot me now...
I want it all....
Fabulous rooms!
Smiles~
Cricket

michelle said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE ALL OF THESE!!! The white washed beams are heavenly!!!! LOVE. THEM. ALL.!!!!!!

Have a wonderful day dear friend!!!
xo

Simple Daisy said...

Wow...those images are just beautiful!!!!!