Monday, October 8, 2012

Edisto Getaway


Hello Everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! This past weekend my husband and I got out of town in the camper for the hubs 54th birthday. We stuck close to home this trip since he had surgery 3 weeks ago and doesn't quiet have all his strength back. So we went to one of our favorite places, Edisto Beach.  We are truly blessed to live so close to not one but two of the most beautiful beaches on the East Coast.
 As much as I love the warm weather, I am definitely ready for it to cool down. It was almost 90 degrees on Friday and Saturday! Hardly Fall weather, but we were lucky it was such a nice weekend.
Saturday we took a 4 mile bike ride on a nature trail inside the state park. 
The photos aren't the best quality ,as I took them with the phone. My husband didn't want be to put the Nikon in the basket of my beach cruiser.....  jeez.. why not? :)



                                   The salt marsh in the early morning, we were riding over a little bridge.


                                         This is a large Oak Tree. The roots were salt water soaked and gives the                                                   appearance of driftwood.The detail in the wood was so pretty.
                                  The part of the trail we took was on an ancient shell mound, this mound of   
                                  Oyster shells  was  about 15 feet high.

                                                This is Store Creek along the nature trail path.

                              After a two hour ride and picture taking we went and grabbed some lunch.

              The other side of the Pavilion is a bar where this rather large crustacean was standing!

  

Then we hit the beach for a bit it was so pretty out. We couldn't get a spot on the beach side of the Campground this trip, we had to stay down the road at The Oaks . The campground was lovely, and so was the beach!


My husband loves to cook, and when we camp he does all the cooking.This is what I him  for his birthday. This my friends is the Camp Chef Explorer! It is a steel and cast iron two burner stove. I am so lucky to have a husband that cooks, and does it so well. This stove is great ! If you camp a lot it is super to have, and  there are several different models.



         The weekends seem to go so fast.. this was a lovely way to spend it. Have a great day!




       Linda

8 comments:

sealaura said...

How fun! I know what you mean about hte hot weather. This was my first summer in Texas and it has been summer since I got here (january). It also was bday weekend but I'm waiting for my husband to get back from work so we can celebrate together.

I think you inspired me to pull out my bike. Have a great week!

Laurelle @ Shore Dreams said...

Linda, I just posted (and mentioned you!) about an almost identical weekend. I just celebrated my BF's bday at the beach too. I'm envious of your 90 degree heat! Wanna trade? :-) We didn't take our bikes though (too much vino) but your post has me yearning for a fall ride on our waterfront trail!

Laurelle

classic • casual • home said...

Just beautiful!!! Thanks for the mini vacation.

Seaside Interiors said...

Hey Linda, thanks for sharing your getaway. We are setting up a little trip to the Outer Banks in a few months and seeing these pics makes me want it to happen sooner :) I also wanted to say thanks for continuing to follow along on my blog. I am your newest follower :)
Helen
www.abritofhappiness.blogspot.com

Seaside Interiors said...

Hey Linda, thanks for sharing your getaway. We are setting up a little trip to the Outer Banks in a few months and seeing these pics makes me want it to happen sooner :) I also wanted to say thanks for continuing to follow along on my blog. I am your newest follower :)
Helen
www.abritofhappiness.blogspot.com

Seaside Interiors said...

Hey Linda, thanks for sharing your getaway with us. We have a little trip we are planning for the outer banks in a few months, but seeing your pictures makes me want to go sooner :) I also wanted to say thanks for continuing to follow along on my blog. I am your newest follower, Helen
www.abritofhappiness.blogspot.com

Lisa @ The Funky Chicken said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. It has just started warming up here on the coast of NC. I can't wait to take my first stroll on the beach this season.

dog friendly hotels said...

I love your evocative coastal images. I can almost hear the sea...