Thursday, May 19, 2011

Beckoning Beach Umbrellas

Beach umbrellas have been around forever. They keep us safe from the sun while at the beach, as well as create respite from the sun. This has never been more important , with skin cancers on the rise. By the way the month of May is skin cancer awareness month! Make sure to do a full body check and please and wear sun screen. I love the way beach umbrellas  look so beautiful on the beach with all the Array of colors.It  makes the beach all that more inviting,watching them Swaying in the wind, and who doesn't get a good chuckle when someone is chasing an umbrella down the beach after the wind has sent it flying? Here are some great images of vintage and high tech umbrellas. I prefer just a simple umbrella, how about you?























 




























 

Have a beachy Day!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Jane said...

Around here...all the hotels seem to have deep cobalt blue umbrellas and cabanas. It's a pretty sight when they're all opened up in a row. Of course, my umbrella is a bit different...Hot Pink with a HUGE yellow gerbera daisy on top. You can't miss me!!!
Jane (artfully graced)

The enchanted home said...

So many pretties...especially loving the ones in that second picture...even making a fashion statement on the beach! Love that.....

Anonymous said...

I have been to the beach. When we used to take my mother in law, however, her umbrella seems so hard to operate and stay in the sand. It's something how umbrellas have changed over the years.

Completely Coastal said...

I love the striped umbrellas the most! I try to avoid the sun for sure!

Cynthia@Beach Coast Style said...

Just love beach umbrellas especially the colorful ones! I've got to get a new one soon.

abeachcottage said...

Love beach brollies! Colourful ones are great. Thanks for stopping by Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays

Nicole-Lynn said...

Just found your blog! Cute!

Shellbelle said...

I love all these photos, but especially the vintage ones!

I'm usually walking the beach, but once in a while I do take an umbrella. Now I know it was you who was laughing when I was chasing it down the beach!!!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Love all these vintage images.. gorgeous.. when i was travelling in Italy and France this was just what I saw.. rows and rows of umbrellas.. funny.. don't see that as much here in Australia.. although perhaps as Hotels and Resorts don't own the public beach land.. [in most places]

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for kind comments my way.. ciao xxx Julie

Deborah said...

Cute post!
I love the ones all set up along the beach!!
Bring on the sunshine!!!
Have a great weekend!! xo

Deborah xo