Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Traditional Summer House On Nantucket

When I think about where i would love to have  a summer home, Nantucket , would be the choice, hands down.  It is quintessential New England..The beach, salt air, the sea, the fishing and the chicness. Some of my  fondess memories have been spent on  this beautiful island. Nantucket is the peak of chic for coastal living. When I came across this home in The recent issue of Traditional home, I wanted to share it. This home blends both the traditional and coastal style. 





















Photobucket 

10 comments:

Calypso In The Country said...

Love the beadboard ceilings, the checked couches, the dark woods...The house is so open and airy yet cozy at the same time. So pretty!

michelle said...

Hello sweets! I hope you enjoyed your weekend. This is gorgeous and what I wouldn't give to have a home on Nantucket or even to visit again. I love the bathroom and that outdoor room is perfect for summer days, I can smell the salty air. :)
Have a wonderful day!
XO

Leo said...

I saw this in the magazine. I love this house...especially the exterior. Love the wooden shingles. Hope you had a great Memorial Day Weekend.

Arabella said...

Hi sweet Linda! Yes, please, I'll take this house and love living there - so gorgeous.

Thanks for visiting us today! Hope you have a fabulous week.

Hugs,
Marie

The enchanted home said...

Just perfect, exactly as I imagine the quintessential vacation/beach house to be. Love the bedroom, the den bathroom and kitchen especially. Also weathered shingles do it for me everytime...beautiful!

Keren - The Brown Trading Co. said...

How I long for the day I get to visit that beautiful part of the world.

Keren
xx

Nicole-Lynn said...

What a gorgeous house! :)

Cynthia@Beach Coast Style said...

love this home and yes Nantucket is one of the places I think of when I think of a great beach home.

I have that rug used in the outside porch area and I love it.

Rose West said...

I'm pretty sure I could live there, no problem :) I haven't been to Nantucket yet, but I would love to someday.

Completely Coastal said...

I've got such fond memories of Nantucket -I could live there!