Monday, May 9, 2011

Front Porch Make Over

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! This weekend just seemed to fly by. Saturday I spent the whole day giving the front porch a make over We got to enjoy it with the kids on Sunday!. We have what is called a low country house. We have a front porch that extends the entire length of the house and wraps around. This is what attracted us to the house  11 years ago. The house has under gone several make overs during the years. It used to be a chocolate brown when we bought it.  We had it repainted  4 or  5 years ago, along with  a new roof, and new windows.Tthis is what the front of the house looked like.
I did have my seashell wreath on the door but took it down before taking the picture/
This is the left side of the porch. Having the Hammock on the porch was NOT my idea We  have 4 porch rockers, 2 used to be on each side of the porch, but hubby wanted his hammock under the ceiling fan for 3 years! Understand my frustration when the hammock wasn't used that often and had to look at it there. This was a decor faux pas!
This is the right side of the porch. All the rockers used to be white. I got them all repainted last week.
YAY! I love it! What do you think? New hardware, a new mat, the topiaries, a gift from Ray.
The wicker furniture from the back yard was brought up. I used my hubby's Marine Corp foot locker as a table. I sanded it down a bit . We need new cushion and pillows.

My beat up oars I found exploring on an island one day when we were on the boat.



 

Behind the chair we are going to put up out door drapes in a linen color. The sun is so bright on this end of the house plus I think it will look great and keep it cool.





This is around the corner on the right side of the porch where it wraps around.


   I love our swing, in the process of getting a new cushion and pillows for it.








PhotobucketFinally my Hydrangea's are blooming! They are so pretty. Have a beautiful day!!

6 comments:

michelle said...

I am coming over to sit on that beautiful porch with you!! I love the new door and the furniture looks perfect there!! Everything looks so welcoming. What a great place to sit and cool off with a drink during the long hot summer! Beautiful job my friend and I am so happy that you had a wonderful Mothers Day and weekend!
XO

Jane said...

Your porch is sooooo inviting! What a wonderful place to sit with some icy sweet tea and rock away the afternoon. Love that crab/sunset sign. Where in the world did you find it?
Jane (artfully graced)

Completely Coastal said...

Like a second living room outside -gorgeous! We have a covered semi-wrap around porch, overlooking a water inlet..., it's the reason why we bought the house!

Stitchfork said...

Love the porch and I'd prefer the rockers over the hammock too! Pretty hydrangeas!
xo Cathy

Leo said...

Love the porch. My dream is to have a house with a big wraparound porch some day! Not too common where I live that is for sure...but that is what I would love to have. You did a great job.

Rose West said...

Looks like a lovely place to spend a spring afternoon!