Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Images of a Low Country Christmas

The Low country is rich in southern  tradition  and charm. At the holidays these traditions shine through.whether it is the traditional southern style, or a casual beach chic look, they are all beautiful!
I have gathered images of Christmas decor from around  this beautiful area of which I live.

The first three images of are of the beautiful home of the owners of The Rhett House Inn here in Beaufort. Their home was featured in Southern Living. It is very traditional in Southern style. Their home and The Rhett House Inn are Beautiful.If you ever come to Beaufort the Rhett House is a lovely place to stay.








                               This beach cottage is in Palmetto Bluff in Bluffton,SC





                                                               I love this bedroom!




                                                      This final home is in Santee,SC

                                            Wreaths on every window are so charming.

                                        Pineapples and palm fronds are quintessentially southern.






                                                                              Charleston




9 comments:

Mary Ann Pickett said...

LOVE those pops of red in all the photos...doesn't it look great with the white and black. Beautiful post.

Calypso In The Country said...

I loved every single picture! They have just the right amount of Christmas decor and are all so charming!
-Shelley

michelle said...

These are beautiful and I love the outside of the yellow house! So fun and festive.
I hope you are enjoying the season my friend.
xoxox

Jane said...

what beautiful homes. i love all the wreaths on the windows. I've never seen that here (Australia). we usually just have one on the front door. happy christmas to you. Jane x

The enchanted home said...

Is that beautiful! I love the way the red pops against all that rich dark wood...stunning!

An Island Mom said...

Every home is beautiful. I can't even begin to decide which is my favorite. I love the Lowcountry look year round, but it lends itself especially well to Christmas decorating.

Desire Empire said...

Love the pineapple pops. Infact love it all!!!!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Every home is just beautiful! I especially love the family room with the wood beamed ceiling and the wreaths on every window! Beautiful!

Seawashed said...

I love the simplicity of a bare wreath hanging from a ribbon on the windows and doors. Beautiful post!