Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bourbon Street Balconies

Today is "Fat Tuesday".Mardi Gras in French means Fat Tuesday.  A celebration that normally starts in January and  ends tonight at midnight,when the start of Lent begins  tomorrow, Ash Wednesday.During this time there are parades and merriment.Today, being the last day of celebrations,craziness ensues on Bourbon Street. Sadly, I have never been to Mardi Gras, or Bourbon Street, but I would love to see the balconies  with  gorgeous wrought iron railings, and beautiful colored shutters.




3 comments:

michelle said...

They are beautiful and I would love to see them as well, maybe not during Mardi Gras, but maybe when it is a little less crowded! :)

Completely Coastal said...

Super charming..., I did walk Bourbon Street..., 30 years ago!!!

Amanda Lee said...

So beautiful! Haven't been to New Orleans since I was a teenager -- would love to go back!