Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pear-Goat Cheese Tarts

I Love this recipe, and I love Goat cheese! A girlfriend gave this to me. It comes from  Southern Living. Magazine. Simple  and so delicious! She made it when we had a Christmas get together last year and I wanted to share it with you. If you are looking for a great appetizer or something to go with a  brunch this is wonderful.!  I will be taking to my sister's house the day after Christmas to impress she and my mom with my culinary delight.. hopefully I won't screw it up. Let's just say, my talent's lie else where and not in the kitchen, and I am the brunt  of jokes when it comes to cooking. This looks pretty hard to screw up..  wish me luck..



Ingredients

  • 1 (15-oz.) package refrigerator pie crusts
  • 2 (4-oz.) packages goat cheese, crumbled
  • 1 to 2 ripe pears, chopped 
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

Preparation

  1. 1. Unfold pie crusts, and cut each in half; cut each half into 3 pieces. Place 1 piece into a lightly greased muffin cup in a muffin pan. Fold and press pastry piece to form a cup shape. Repeat procedure with remaining pastry pieces.
  2. 2. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until edges of pastries are lightly browned. Remove pan to a wire rack.
  3. 3. Stir together goat cheese and next 3 ingredients. Spoon evenly into pastry shells.
  4. 4. Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove to a wire rack, and let cool 2 minutes.


3 comments:

beachcomber said...

these sound really yummy! thanks for the recipe.
x

Chris said...

Hi Linda, thank you so much for sharing that recipe. Yes, it looks simple enough and that's why I probably will try it, LOL Not too keen on anything complicated. It sure looks great in the photo. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

The enchanted home said...

These might be perfect for an appetizer for our family Christmas party next week!! Thanks for the recipe, looks devine!