Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What Are You Doing This Summer?



 To commemorate the first day of Summer I thought I would do a post of a different sort. There are so many beautiful images for every season, but summer is my favorite. I would love to know What are you doing this summer?......

                                         Will you be sailing off to a destination unknown?
                                           How about a camping trip in the great outdoors?

                                  Do you love to comb the beach for the perfect seashells?




                            or do you enjoy the peacefulness of sitting on a dock on the lake?

                   Summer just wouldn't be summer with out at least one good nap in a hammock.

                                                          Or eating Watermelon


                                    While watching the most beautiful  summer sunset.


                       Take time, to learn to do something you have never done before.

                                                                   Dance in the rain




                                            Make time for you and your significant other.

                                                     
                                                        Have a romantic dinner by the sea.


                                                    Witness something breathtaking.                                           
























 OR do something that takes your breath away .

Like jumping in the cold ocean 


















                                                     Stare in wonderment at the moon.


                                                  Maybe the majestic mountain country side?



                                                 Relish the written words of a great author .
                                                   You could  visit a light house
 In fact there are just too many things to mention ..........

Most importantly.....

                                                   Take pleasure in the simple things in life

  Remember.......



And ALWAYS....




Have an AMAZING Summer!!

10 comments:

Claudia Fabiana said...

All of these photos are LOVELY!!

ciao from Newport Beach

The enchanted home said...

Love this and you captured just about all my favorite things to do during the summer. For me the biggest pleasure is sitting at the beach until sunset, really into a great book wtih my feet at the waters edge, few people on the beach, cold drink in hand knowing my biggest worry is where we are going for dinner. Now THAT is a treat that only comes with summer!! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post - it "captures" Summer!

beachcomber said...

lovely post! i'd like to do all of the above.
cheryl x

Calypso In The Country said...

Great post! I would love to do all of those things but I know I will be spending a lot of time at the beach with my family.

michelle said...

I love this post Linda! I hope to do all the above especially sitting at the end of the dock, watching the sunset or sunrise, reading a book, enjoying the sounds of nature and feeling the cool water on my bare feet AND searching for Petosky stones all with my family right by my side. :)

Arabella said...

Eating watermelon, dipping my toes in the ocean, reading a good book in the sunshine are on my to-do list this summer.

Hope you get a chance to come over and enter our "Celebrate Summer" giveaway for a pair of Beach Glass Earrings.

Hugs,
Marie

Samual said...

Ya, in summers at beach is a great fun. Depending on your preferences, there’s always a beach chair that would fit your purpose. The beautiful beach Chairs will really make you to feel awesome at beach in summers.

Leo said...

Great post! I love doing all these things. I am still trying to decide what to do this summer. I am thinking about doing something totally different than I typically do. I have to make up my mind soon!

Tamsyn said...

Gorgeous photos, you are making me jealous. It's winter here in Australia and I am counting the days until Summer returns :)