Monday, April 2, 2012

Wedding Count Down

 In 12 days my son is getting married! I can hardly believe the big day is almost here. I wanted to show you some images of the venue where the big event is taking place. I  posted several months ago that is was going to be held on Old Wide Awake Plantation, but the venue had to be changed. The new venue is The Plantation at Bulow in Charleston, SC.It is a beautiful , peaceful, relaxing setting. If you would like to learn more about the history of the plantation visit here. There are going to be about 130 people, a nice sized wedding. We have family coming from CA, TX, UT and, NH. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. This is my first child to get married and I couldn't be happier with  his choice for a wife... That's because I introduced them!
 I am a huge emotional slob, so I have taken all the precautions with buying the very best in make up so  not to have it get ruined while crying during the ceremony. More on my dress, shoes and make up and jewelry tomorrow..


The reception is being held outside on the grounds.

This is the island where the ceremony will take place.
The beautiful lake
                                
                                                  The dock that Maggie will walk down

          This is the dance floor. They assured my son no one has ever fallen off....hmmmm
This looks like a nice spot where I hope to share a private moment with my son during the evening.


Have a great Monday!


Photobucket

5 comments:

kim @ whitebarnbasics said...

Oh, I am so truely excited for you! The wedding will be beautiful and your heart will swell with overwhelming pride! seven years ago we had the privilage of being a part of our sons wedding to his most wonderful bride (and now we are blessed with 2 grandsons!) Life just doesn't get any better than this! Congrats, and I look forward to being updated!
kim
http://whitebarnbasics.blogspot.com/

Kalinka said...

Amazing place for wedding!
Greetings from Poland
M.

Shauna@Satori Design for Living said...

What a beautiful setting. Congrats!

Nicole-Lynn said...

OH how wonderful! The place looks absolutely beautiful! I hope you'll post some pics after! Congrats to your son! :)

I will be celebrating my 1 year anniversary with my hubby the end of this month! My how time flies! :)

The Single Nester said...

Congrats! Hope the wedding was wonderful.