Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Malibu Beach House

 I  am not normally drawn to the modern or contemporary style, but when I saw this home designed by Burdge and Associates, an architecture firm out of Malibu, CA.this home could change my mind. Completely surrounded by glass and the view of the pacific ocean... I think I could get used to it...It isn't so contemporary that is feels cold.It is just sleek and uncluttered.  I will always choose the more comfy feeling lived in look, but this sure is beautiful! What a dream!

                                                        What a way to wake up!




                                              I can't figure out that chair.. it looks odd.
                                              Imagine looking at that sunset every evening...


                                                  This bathtub is gorgeous!



Photobucket 

5 comments:

Lesli @ Beautifully Coastal Design Blog said...

I'm with you on that ... not normally into this type of modern architecture, the view and location would make it a winner. I'd figure out some way to make it warm and cozy whilst still keeping the amazing views.

Smiles,
Lesli @ BeautifullyCoastal.com

Splenderosa said...

I think it's perfection. I don't find it cold or stark, just a lovely home snuggled in the dunes to take full advantage of its surroundings. Awesome post !!!

designchic said...

I'm like you, I usually lean towards a more traditional beach style home, but this one...perfection!! Love the way it feels as though you are outside in every room ~

sealaura said...

I'll take it! I especially love the windows in the bedroom, what a great sight! BTW I got engaged in Malibu :) last year!

Olive + White said...

I am not too much into modern style but hey, I would take this in a heartbeat. Love the view from the bedroom and that bathroom is a winner!

Angie