Monday, June 6, 2011

Modern Cottage Cool

Designer Lindsay Reid decorated her  California Cottage, with cheery colors and an easy relaxed look. Her inspiration ....  her love of the Mediterranean and  books of botanical prints for her color palette.. This is such a light and airy house,that says "welcome".


                                                  The front of the cottage is darling!     
                                            

                                                           The color Palette inspiration.

                                                       



                                                                  Casual Chic


                                                   Love the mixing of the furniture styles.

                                                  Blue and Whire Preppy, with french inspiration.

I am still on my White kick, but lately I really love the coolness of the color Grey with yellow. This is so pretty.This is simple and  chic.
I have Windsor chairs that I am absolutley sick of, this could be a great refresher for them. The Ikat fabric, LOVE!



A sweet dining area with Camillia's.So pretty and the smell...ahhh.
Photobucket

7 comments:

The enchanted home said...

That is one picture perfect cottage! Proof that beautiful things do come in small packages..love the exterior also! Beautiful...

michelle said...

This is beautiful! I am loving the grey and yellow combo too. I love how open the kitchen is too and the fabric on the chairs is great!
XO

Desire Empire said...

That last shot of the ourdoor setting in blue is delightful. Is there a nicer colour? I for one don't think so. Looks like it's somewhere in that most civilised of nations France, which always helps.
I also like the repurposing of those chairs with the covers.
Have a great week
Best Carolyn

Erin said...

I love the first photo of the fron of the home....looks like my ideal future home!

Karena said...

Linda this is really beautiful. I call these "Surprise Houses' because you would never have guessed how perfect it is inside!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Be sure to come and enter my amazing Giveaway from Tracy Porter!

Completely Coastal said...

I love that bigger than life crab print have then in my files from House Beautiful!!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

This is awesome...all exactly the style I love!