Thursday, September 15, 2011

Swedish South Hampton Beach House

 Hi there.!
Well we have almost made it to Friday! Things have been very hectic around our place, and I haven't been posting as much as I would like, nor have I been able to read my favorite blogs. Thank you for all the well wishes about our grandchild, and my apologies for not answering you individually.Things are about to become more hectic next Monday. Hubby is going into surgery....( yes again..) but at least this time it won't be 37 days in the hospital! He is having foot surgery and will be off his feet for a solid 2 weeks. So it will be " yes dear, yes dear,"why of course babe I can get that for you".. and going into our biz to help out with things.. ( not fun) So I won't be around much, all of this when our engagement party for our son is now exactly one month away! Yikes!
 Anyway, I did have a chance to peek at the new House Beautiful issue. There is a stunning 19th century clapboard   beach house in South Hampton . From the outside it looks like just that. On the inside it is filled with Swedish inspiration. Beautiful Walnut stairs and  light colored woods against warm textures make this beach house  feel very welcoming and light and airy.










 I love this Hawaiian fabric against the wall. Creates drama, while helping to make this small space appear larger.





                        The wall is Corian. Adds a sleekness without making it feel to cold.


                                                         I love this walnut staircase.


Nice view.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Linda

I am just trying to catch up on some blog posts myself

- congratulations to you going to become a grand mumma!

I adore the timber internal - so bleached and natural looking with out too much honey ( I don't like too much gold in timber)

take care and all the best to your hubby - you will need lots of deep breathing at times I can tell :)

x
Loulou