Thursday, July 14, 2011

Farmhouse Tables

I adore farmhouse tables. I love that they are so versatile, and can blend into just about any decor.   Even the most casual and rustic farmhouse table can look chic. Especially in a beachy or  coastal inspired home. I have been telling my husband for a very long time now,that this is the table we should have. Our  current dining room table   belonged to my parents. It is an oval Ethan Allen Solid Maple dining table that is almost 50 years old. A beautiful table in it's own right, but not large enough to accommodate our ever growing family. I want a no fuss table/ One that can be used daily not just for holiday's. Where I won't have to worry when  we have grand kids. I won't have to say " Darling please don't scratch nana's table". I want all those those little marks that will tell a a long family story.. Hubby, has been looking for just the right piece of wood on the Internet to build the table...umkay..... he is great at building furniture, he has built several pieces for our home, but  all i want is some some nice wood planks, bang them up a bit and put them on a trestle base. My wants are simple. These  farmhouse tables are of great inspiration to me. I will I  keep waiting patiently for mine. I just hope it is before the grand kids come.














These incredibly cool chairs are made by The Lowcountry Chair Company and are in one of my favorite restaurants here in town Wren. These would look amazing at each end of a farmhouse table.


image sources: Country Living, Cottage Living. Coastal Living, House Beautiful

6 comments:

Claudia Fabiana said...

Ooooh, I love the Lowcountry chairs. They look really comfy too.

ciao from Newport Beach

Unknown said...

I'm loving the farmhouse tables, they are so incredibly rusic and LOVE your blog :)
Natasha
http://www.lovedesignbrbados.blogspot.com

The enchanted home said...

Love this post and LOVE farmhouse tables, the more rustic and beat up the better. Love the gorgeous examples you showed!!

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

I love these! Especially the ones with the rattan chairs!

Nicole-Lynn said...

I love the look of a nice, large farm table!

Farm tables said...

These tables are so beautiful, Thanks for post such a nice blog.