I Love this recipe, and I love Goat cheese! A girlfriend gave this to me. It comes from Southern Living. Magazine. Simple and so delicious! She made it when we had a Christmas get together last year and I wanted to share it with you. If you are looking for a great appetizer or something to go with a brunch this is wonderful.! I will be taking to my sister's house the day after Christmas to impress she and my mom with my culinary delight.. hopefully I won't screw it up. Let's just say, my talent's lie else where and not in the kitchen, and I am the brunt of jokes when it comes to cooking. This looks pretty hard to screw up.. wish me luck..
- 1 (15-oz.) package refrigerator pie crusts
- 2 (4-oz.) packages goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 to 2 ripe pears, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Unfold pie crusts, and cut each in half; cut each half into 3 pieces. Place 1 piece into a lightly greased muffin cup in a muffin pan. Fold and press pastry piece to form a cup shape. Repeat procedure with remaining pastry pieces.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until edges of pastries are lightly browned. Remove pan to a wire rack.
- 3. Stir together goat cheese and next 3 ingredients. Spoon evenly into pastry shells.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove to a wire rack, and let cool 2 minutes.