Thursday, October 20, 2011

Turquoise By The Sea { Guest Post } Arcardian Lighting

I would like to welcome Jennifer here today who is going to be guest posting for me. She is a fellow seaside lover! Thanks for being her Jennifer.


Hi all! I’m Jennifer and I write for Arcadian Lighting. I've been writing about home decor and design since graduating university and have loved it ever since. I'm addicted to patterned fabrics, Jonathan Adler, chaise lounges, old doors, milk glass jars, antiques, and chandeliers. Having grown up in South Florida I've always loved burying my toes in the sand, feeling the wash of the waves over my feet and taking in the endless ocean views, so you can understand my obsession with Seaside Style. I am thrilled to be writing this guest post on fab turquoise spaces (one of my fave colours).
Your turquoise highness
Turquoise Rooms
Freshome via
A space with high ceilings looks more intimate when it's painted in a solid shade of turquoise - a drum-shade floor lamp and ceiling light fixture provides ample light to showcase the bold colour choice of this living room.

Make a backsplash!
Turquoise Rooms
Contemporiz via
A subdued turquoise painted on the backsplash of a cozy kitchenette gives a quaint vignette that much more personality.

Crystals and reflections
Turquoise Rooms
BHouse via
The light fixtures of this bedroom - both the crystal wall sconces as well as the clear bauble lamp - are elegant touches, along with the mirrored end table. The tufted turquoise headboard is a fabulous centrepiece.

Lovely retro
Turquoise Rooms
Doberman's by the Sea via
A surprising choice - pale turquoise cabinetry along with retro-inspired blue and white patterned wallpaper - come together to create a whimsical but pretty kitchen.

A touch of colour
Turquoise Rooms
My Best Friend Craig via
Sometimes just a dash of a fun colour like turquoise can up the visual impact of a room - this butcher block does the trick in a white kitchen.

True sophistication
Turquoise Rooms
Modern Interior Decorations via
While turquoise is often considered to be a more playful hue, when paired with white and clean architectural lines it can also be very chic. We truly adore the wall sconce and small table lamp right by the mirror.

Stylish spatters
Turquoise Rooms
Pinterest via
This unique wallpaper print would work in a myriad of rooms, from a kid's space to a home office or even a bedroom for grown-ups.

Content provided by Arcadian Lighting, a site that specializes in top quality light fixtures at extremely affordable prices. If you like this post, be sure to stop by the Arcadian Lighting blog and let us know you saw us here!

I hopes you enjoyed Jennifer's post today and all the pretty eye candy! have a great Thursday!

5 comments:

sealaura said...

I'll take the bedroom and that first living room, so pretty.

The enchanted home said...

All beautiful but I am most in love with that luxurious bathroom with the pale turquoise walls....exquisite!

Gypsea Nurse said...

I take claim to the bathroom!
Smiles~
C

foreverdecorating said...

I want to know where I can get that blue comforter.

A Vintage Vine said...

Oh how I want some of that blue in my house!