Wednesday, July 13, 2011

River House Renovation

In the current issue of Southern Living Magazine there is a great cottage on the river that got a  renovation of a different type.This circa 1903 cottage, was very old and dilapidated, and in dire need of some serious TLC. When this young family had this cottage moved to their river front lot on the Magnolia River in Alabama.There was one condition. of the renovation. If it came with the cottage, it stayed with the cottage..





The painting above the fireplace is of the cottage in it's original state. The painting was restored by a friend.

                                            I love ALL the wood flooring and walls.

                           The original corbels are used as shelving in the kitchen. Cute!

                                       
                                                     The claw foot tub came with the house.

                                 The Asian inspired bamboo piece works great in this space.



                                    This trunk was found in the house. What a treasure!

                          Old ship lights are used as chandeliers. Love the rope around the table.






                                                  I would spend hours on this dock!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Stitchfork said...

Thought the same when I read this in my issue! Can I come sit on the dock too?!
xo Cathy

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Truly beautiful....I didn't get the mag. so thanks so much.

Marguerite said...

Amazing renovation! Love everything about it. Gorgeous!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Love it...I do not get the magazine, so I'm thrilled to see it here. I love how they used things found in the original house.