Sunday, September 2, 2012

Make Your Own Honey Oatmeal Facial Scrub

  If you are like me and most women, you are  always looking for something to make your face look and feel great! I have tried all sorts of exfoliates, scrubs, and of course the spa facials. One does need some pampering you know.
 This is a PERFECT natural scrub and exfoliate! I know.. it has been around forever, I am just getting to it! It is perfect for the end of Summer!  I started doing this once a week for the last month. I can't tell you the difference in my skin! It adds a glow to my face that lasts for 48 to 72 hours. My husband has noticed the difference in my skin as well!
Honey has been valued for its healing properties for thousands of years  and who doesn't love it's sweet flavor? Honey also draws out blackheads from the face and is a natural humectent  .The Oatmeal is a gentle exfoliate as is the Sugar.

So lets get to it. It is very simple.




                                   You are going to take just a small fistful of Oatmeal.


  This is what I use, I am sure any kind will work. You can leave the Oatmeal whole or grind it up. I have done both. I have put it in the Cuisinart, and have just ground it with my fingers, It works just as well either way.

       I add a couple tablespoons of Honey. I used the organic kind.. That's just how I roll. :)

Add a couple tablespoons of Sugar and mix. The consistency  should be thick. You can also use Brown Sugar, or you can substitute the  Sugar for Sea Salt. I have stayed with the sugar just because I am 52 and I am trying to be as gentle on my face as I can.
                           
I leave it on my face for 20 mins. and rinse with warm,(Not Hot) water. I finish it with a moisturizer. I do use a high end one.:)

While it is on my face, I scrub some onto my hands and let it sit as well. It makes my hands so soft. Face it our hands age also! I use Neutrogena hand creme after I take it off. They feel great. This mixture can be used just about anywhere on your body!

Enjoy!

Linda

2 comments:

*Daniƫlle said...

I like this post:)

xxx
Daniƫlle

Johanes said...

Stopping by from the blog hop. I used to do something similar when I had acne. I would wash my face, then steam it for 5 minutes, apply the mask, and put warm paraffin wax over the scrub. It would stay on for 15 minutes and then I would rinse off. It was messy but it helped with the acne.