Sunday, September 2, 2012

Make Your Own Honey Oatmeal Facial Scrub

  If you are like me and most women, you are  always looking for something to make your face look and feel great! I have tried all sorts of exfoliates, scrubs, and of course the spa facials. One does need some pampering you know.
 This is a PERFECT natural scrub and exfoliate! I know.. it has been around forever, I am just getting to it! It is perfect for the end of Summer!  I started doing this once a week for the last month. I can't tell you the difference in my skin! It adds a glow to my face that lasts for 48 to 72 hours. My husband has noticed the difference in my skin as well!
Honey has been valued for its healing properties for thousands of years  and who doesn't love it's sweet flavor? Honey also draws out blackheads from the face and is a natural humectent  .The Oatmeal is a gentle exfoliate as is the Sugar.

So lets get to it. It is very simple.




                                   You are going to take just a small fistful of Oatmeal.


  This is what I use, I am sure any kind will work. You can leave the Oatmeal whole or grind it up. I have done both. I have put it in the Cuisinart, and have just ground it with my fingers, It works just as well either way.

       I add a couple tablespoons of Honey. I used the organic kind.. That's just how I roll. :)

Add a couple tablespoons of Sugar and mix. The consistency  should be thick. You can also use Brown Sugar, or you can substitute the  Sugar for Sea Salt. I have stayed with the sugar just because I am 52 and I am trying to be as gentle on my face as I can.
                           
I leave it on my face for 20 mins. and rinse with warm,(Not Hot) water. I finish it with a moisturizer. I do use a high end one.:)

While it is on my face, I scrub some onto my hands and let it sit as well. It makes my hands so soft. Face it our hands age also! I use Neutrogena hand creme after I take it off. They feel great. This mixture can be used just about anywhere on your body!

Enjoy!

Linda

4 comments:

International Directory Blogspot said...

Hello!
After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot".
"International Directory Blogspot" is made of thousend of blogs from 151 countries. If you join us and follow our blog, you will have many more visitors.
It's very simple, you just have to follow our blog, enter your Country and your blog url in a comment, and you will be automatically integrate into the Country list.
We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world and to share different passions, fashion, paintings, art works, photos, poems.
So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
I think this community could also interest you.
We ask you to follow the blog "Directory" because it will give you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!
Thank you for your understanding.
Please follow our blog, it will be very appreciate.
I wish you a great day, with the hope that you will follow our blog "Directory".
After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
Regards
Chris
I follow your blog, I hope it will please you
To find out more about us, click on the link below:
http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

International Directory Blogspot said...

Hello from France
I am very happy to welcome you!
Your blog has been accepted in United States of America a minute!
We ask you to follow the blog "Directory"
Following our blog will gives you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!
Thank you for your understanding.
On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
Invite your friends to join us in the "directory"!
The creation of this new blog "directory" allows a rapprochement between different countries, a knowledge of different cultures and a sharing of different traditions, passions, fashion, paintings, crafts, cooking,
photography and poetry. So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world.
The more people will join, the more opportunities everyone will have. And yes, I confess, I need people to know this blog!
You are in some way the Ambassador of this blog in your Country.
This is not a personal blog, I created it for all to enjoy.
SO, you also have to make it known to your contacts and friends in your blog domain: the success of this blog depends on all Participants.
So, during your next comments with your friends, ask them to come in the 'Directory' by writing in your comments:
*** I am in the directory come join me! http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/ ***
You want this directory to become more important? Help me to make it grow up!
Your blog is in the list United States of America and I hope this list will grow very quickly
Regards
Chris
We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice on your blog, in order to introduce the "directory" to your friends.
http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/07/12/12071211040212502810092867.gif
http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/19/120319072128505749603643.gif
http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/24/1203240217091250289621842.png
http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/28/120328020518505749640557.gif
http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/26/1203260602581250289633006.gif

If you want me to know the blog of your friends, send me their urls
I see that you know many people in your country, you can try to get them in the directory?

*Daniƫlle said...

I like this post:)

xxx
Daniƫlle

Johanes said...

Stopping by from the blog hop. I used to do something similar when I had acne. I would wash my face, then steam it for 5 minutes, apply the mask, and put warm paraffin wax over the scrub. It would stay on for 15 minutes and then I would rinse off. It was messy but it helped with the acne.